Friday, September 11, 2009

What Would I Do?

A fraud election would upset anyone. My friend wants to protest against it and I understand that desire. But I know that protesting would be a foolish choice. We don't have nearly as much power as the government. It would be dangerous for protestors, they could lose their lives. If she disagrees with the election, she should escape to another country.
We have been watching other protestors on the streets. So many people have been brutally beaten and killed. My friend thinks that if she joins and the protest groups get bigger that they will be able to overpower the government. But its not like that. I have seen what they do, they don't care about the people. They have weapons.
Even if they don't kill her, it is most likely that they will harm her in some way. My friend means a lot to me and I can't let her die. What is the use risking her life when she can escape this mess?
I think it would be best for us to escape this country. I have been told of other countries that hold fair elections. There are countries that give their people rights and freedom. Even if it takes us years to finally escape, it would be better than living with this terror forever.
This election has caused a lot of turmoil. And I think my friend understands now that protesting isn't for her. She knows that if she does the government will hurt her and she may not live much longer. So she and I agree to try and find the freedom we deserve.

1 comment: