Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Canada's Lovable Features

I have lived in Canada my whole life and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. There are just some things that make it better than the other countries. One is that the land is covered with many natural resources. Another is that we have a very good educational system. Third is that we have colorful money!!!

Canada is so blessed with natural wealth. There is an abundance of natural resources that we use for so many things. We have timber to provide supplies for homes and all kinds of luxuries to go in them. We have a large supply of oil that helps with transportation. We also have a tremendous amount of fresh water. Our prairies also supply lots of wheat and crops. Some countries don't have these things. When I think about it I realize how lucky I am to live in such an amazing country. We could be way worse off.

Canadian citizens all have the opportunity to get an education. Part of what our government does is try to provide education for everyone. With this we all are capable of becoming successful people. Education sometimes sounds kind of boring, but the more we learn the better we understand the world around us and exciting opportunities become available. In my case I can go to school for ultra sound tech. It is something I want to do and it will provide a good living. Then with my money I can go shopping, and travel, and participate in lots of recreations.

Speaking of money, our Canadian money is pretty snazzy. If you were to compare it to say U.S. money, you would quickly realize that ours is 100 times better. It may not always be worth as much as the U.S. dollar, but it will always be colorful! What other country has blue, purple, red, green, and brown money? But not only that, we have some special coins as well. The United States definitely doesn't have loonies and toonies. It is much more convenient to have loonies instead of a 1 dollar bill. How disappointed would you be if you thought you had so much cash, but it only amounted to a few dollars? But beside the fact that our money is beautiful, it is also patriotic. It represents the special things in our country. Our icons include the maple leaf, the beaver, a sailboat, a caribou, a loon and a polar bear. They may not be fancy buildings or places, but they are part of what makes Canada different. They represent who we are.

Others may give other opinions of why Canada is the best. But I would agree with their ideas because its not only our resources, our education system, and our money that make us great. There is so much about this country that Canadians can be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment