Keynes was a well learned man. He was involved in overseas finance and was very good at it. With much experience he was able to develop his own strategies to get out of a recession. He published a book called "The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money". He believed that during an economic downturn the private sector would halt its investment. That would lead to fewer jobs, and fewer jobs would lead to a lower consumption. This would make the private sector even more unwilling to invest. Keynes saw that the only way to stop this was for governments to come in and increase the spending on public works. He believed that it would lead to higher employment and higher aggregate demand. And eventually it would turn the economy around.
I think that Keynes was a very smart man. He understood economics far better than I can. I totally agree with his views. This is both because his strategies proved to turn the economy around and that it makes sense to me. The government is far more likely to save a country from recession than the people by themselves.
I think that his brains would be very helpful today. History tends to repeat itself, so I think that his strategy would be able to help us during our recession today. I think if our governments took time to study his works that they would be able to come up with newer ideas that would be successful.
John Maynard Keynes was one of the greatest economists ever known. He believed in government intervention. That idea was able to get the United States out of the Great Depression. I think that his ideas would still be helpful for us today. They worked then, and they can work now. We can learn a lot from him.

No comments:
Post a Comment